We had quite the busy weekend. We woke up early Saturday morning to run the famous Hope to Hobble run. This is our longest run before our marathon. It is 23-24 miles long. I posted the elevation profile. The first few miles are pretty brutal, then you go down for 2 miles before having to climb another 4-5 miles to the peak. Once there it is pretty much all downhill, Yeah! Although it is downhill it is trail and very rocky so you have to be careful. It is quite difficult since you are pretty tired by this point and you have to tell yourself to pick up your feet so you dont fall down. (this was the first year that I didnt fall!!) When we finally got home, we had to do some yard work. We were having a party Sunday so we had to mow the lawn, weed, and clean the house. Fun stuff! Especially after running that far.
Wrong. We have student seats and everyone in front of us was standing. So we spent the next 4 hours on our feet watching and cheering. It was a great game, but I was so tired by the time we got home. Lets just say I went to bed at 9pm on a Saturday night. Man we must be getting old.
To make matters worse it poured on Sunday and we ended up having a party in our dirty garage. So much for doing yard work!



No comments:
Post a Comment